Why SEE TO WORK®?
- On-the-job eye injuries cost businesses $300 million each year in medical bills, compensation and downtime.
- Estimated costs -- both direct and indirect -- due to eye injuries has increased to more than $3 billion annually.
- About half of today's work force use computers regularly. Of these workers, 50 percent have experienced some vision problems related to computer use, and more than 25 percent have complained of frequent or constant problems.
- A recent survey of optometrists revealed that 10 million primary eye care exams are given each year in the U.S. primarily due to vision problems related to computer use.
- Of the individuals enrolled in adult literacy programs, more than 60 percent have vision problems.
- 20/20 eyesight does not ensure adequate visual performance in the work place.
Contact the Eye Care Council for more information or to have an optometrist get in touch with you to answer specific questions.